In terms of construction equipment management, preventive maintenance is the key factor that has the greatest effect on your profits over the life of your heavy equipment. It is estimated that system contamination is the leading cause of more then 70% of hydraulic system and major component failures. When heavy machinery is well maintained and inspected regularly, there’s a higher probability that potential problems will be caught early—before they turn into bigger, more costly issues.
According to Caterpillar’s SOMA (Site Operation Maintenance Advisor), major component life can be increased by 62% simply by improving maintenance practices from average to excellent.
Consider your current preventive maintenance practices and service needs and ask yourself, “Who is best qualified to provide these services?” As your Caterpillar® dealer, we are convinced that Ring Power’s Planned Maintenance Solutions can meet your maintenance needs in the most timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Planned Maintenance Solutions is more then just an oil and filter change for your construction equipment. It is a maintenance management system, designed to incorporates seven elements that are essential to keeping machine productivity high and owning and operating costs low.
THE SEVEN ELEMENTS
1) Preventive Maintenance is the basic requirement of a good construction equipment maintenance program, and includes regular oil and filter changes as outlined in the manufacturer’s lubrication and maintenance manual.
2) Oil Sampling lets you know what is going on inside your machine. When tested at regular intervals, oil samples can forecast wear-related problems and keep minor problems from becoming a major failure.
PM Solutions will sample each compartment every 250 hours. Ring Power's oil testing lab technicians and product support staff closely monitor the oil sample results. Actionable oil samples are transmitted electronically to your PC, laptop or Blackberry so we can respond to potential problems quickly.
3) Inspections can detect problems that may otherwise go unnoticed. Small problems like oil leaks, worn belts or corroded batteries can lead to expensive downtime if not corrected in a timely manner. All inspections are written, reviewed and sent to you within 24 hours of when the service is performed.
4) Scheduling ensures all maintenance and inspections are performed on time, and at your convenience. PM Solutions operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week so maintenance will be performed around your work schedule.
5) Record Keeping documents machine repair history with details of component life and cost. Good record keeping helps identify problem areas that create high cost and downtime.
6) Repair Management is about maximizing the value of your heavy machinery investment. Oil sample trends, machine hours and condition are vital information in the decision making process of whether to repair, rebuild or replace your machine. Ring Power knows your equipment best. As a trusted advisor, we’ll be here over the life cycle of your machine. We’ll partner with you to maximize the value of your equipment investment and strengthen your reputation as a profitable operation.
7) Training helps your associates develop good daily work habits. As your maintenance provider, Ring Power is ready to fill the gaps by providing on-site training for your machine operators and maintenance personnel.
As a Planned Maintenance Solutions customer you can expect:
• A no cost warranty of 5-year/10,000-hour warranty on rebuilt power train components
• To take advantage of the latest improvements in oil technology and performance
• Environmental compliance in disposing of waste oil and filters
• Cost per hour billing that matches your expense with your workload. Only pay for the hours you have run your heavy equipment.
• ProductLink hardware and Equipment Manager software enabling remote equipment monitoring from your desktop. (supplied on most current models).
Preventive maintenance for your construction machinery delivers positive results—no matter how many machines you operate, how old your equipment is or what type of work you do. The key is to structure a PM program that meets all your business objectives, including productivity and cost goals. You manage your business from design to build—we will manage your construction equipment and cost per hour.
Call your Ring Power Product Support Sales Representative today 877-733-5120 to find out how PM Solutions can benefit your heavy construction equipment and improve your bottom-line or click the button below to contact a representative.
Ring Power Corporation, North and Central Florida's Caterpillar dealer, is headquartered in St. Augustine, Florida, with branch locations in Brooksville, Daytona, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lake City, Lakeland, Ocala, Orlando, Palm Bay, Perry, Sarasota, Tallahassee, Tampa and Tarpon Springs. Ring Power is comprised of eight divisions and has more than 45 years of experience selling, servicing and supporting Caterpillar and allied equipment.