Skid Steers are a staple of the job site — and for good reason! These versatile machines can perform a multitude of important tasks.
One of the major reasons these machines are so versatile is due to the variety of work tool attachments you can add to them. With the right attachments, you can transform your skid steer into the perfect machine for a range of jobs.
Here are seven of the most useful tools skid steer attachments.
Buckets. When you buy or rent a skid steer, it will likely come with a general-purpose bucket. These buckets are designed to move dirt, but creative operators can accomplish a variety of tasks with a general-purpose bucket. For more specific tasks, you’ll find a variety of buckets available for rent or sale:
- Low-profile buckets: Recommended for applications with tight areas where a narrower, lower capacity bucket is required, such as construction and landscaping.
- Utility Buckets: Higher capacity buckets, designed with a taller back height profile, longer floor length and dual angled side plates. Ideal for handling lower density materials, such as mulch, dry topsoil, livestock feed and waste in agricultural and landscaping settings.
- Material Handling Buckets: Highest capacity buckets, designed with honeycomb hole pattern which allows direct visibility to the bucket cutting edge. Excellent for light density material movement such as hay and mulch.
- Multi-Purpose Buckets: Ideal for digging, dozing, clamping, back dragging, grading and leveling in construction, landscaping, industrial and demolition applications.
- Light Material Buckets: Ideal for loading, carrying, dumping and handling light, loosely packed material, such as grain, mulch, hay, wood chips, fertilizer and snow, in agricultural and landscaping applications.
- Industrial Performance Buckets: Designed with a hardened steel base and side cutting edges for excellent penetration, durability and wear life. Ideal for construction and industrial applications.
Augers. Cat® Augers are used for drilling holes for footings, fencing, signs, trees and shrubs in construction, agricultural, and landscaping applications. They are designed with the right amount of speed and torque for maximum productivity in a broad range of soil types.
Rakes. Cat® Landscape Rakes are ideal for residential, commercial, agricultural, building construction, lawn care and golf course maintenance applications. They use the scarifying action of the hardened teeth to pulverize, aerate, level and condition the soil, while collecting and depositing rock and debris in the integrated hopper bucket for quick removal. Landscape rakes are designed to operate with the loader traveling in reverse, leaving the soil finely groomed with minimal tire compaction.
Tillers. Cat® Landscape Tillers are designed for breaking up and pulverizing soil, mixing compost or other materials into existing soil, and stabilizing and leveling existing terrain in landscape finish applications. They are ideal for residential, commercial, agricultural, building construction, lawn care and golf course maintenance applications.
Trenchers. Cat® Trenchers are designed for cutting narrow straight trenches in the soil prior to laying electrical, telephone and cable lines, or water and gas pipe. Trenchers are ideal for residential, commercial, agricultural, building construction, lawn care and golf course maintenance.
Hammers. Cat® hydraulic hammers make short work of your demolition, construction, quarry and production breaking needs. They are high performance breakers, designed to help you get the most from your Cat equipment.
Brooms. Cat® Pickup, Angle and Utility Brooms are all available in two sweeping widths, and are used for cleaning and removing dirt, rock, and other debris from streets, parking lots, driveways, sidewalks and factory floors in a variety of construction, industrial and landscaping settings. They are also ideal for paving, specialty trades, recycling, demolition and airport maintenance applications.