International Open House
- Representatives of 62 companies from as far away as Australia attended the first annual International Open House in Orlando.
CES supplies debate power
- Cat Entertainment Services provided temporary power support for the Republican presidential campaign debates across the state of Florida.
Ring Power turns 50
- In 1961, L.C. Ringhaver, the owner of the world’s largest shrimp boat manufacturer, Diesel Engine Sales, Inc. (DESCO), acquired the Caterpillar engine dealership rights from Jacksonville-based Gibbs Corporation. Originally established in St. Augustine, Fla., Ring Power Corp. was founded to sell and service Cat® marine engines to Northeast Florida’s thriving shrimp trawler industry. Following the death of Cat dealer Lobrano Machinery Company’s president and owner, Tom Lobrano, Ring Power Corporation was awarded the dealer territory in Jacksonville, Ocala and Tallahassee, Fla. for the full line of Caterpillar equipment in March of 1962.
Ring Power Tactical Solutions Acquires the Rook
- Ring Power Tactical Solutions acquired The Rook Armored Critical Incident Vehicle. The powerful Cat® 287C Multi-Terrain Loader with custom installed NIJ Level IV bullet-proof glass and armor cab reinforcement fabrication is custom designed with easily interchangeable, mission-specific attachments that increase personnel safety in a broad range of tactical operations.
Cat Entertainment Services Named Global Service Provider
- Caterpillar named Cat Entertainment Services as a global provider of temporary power generation and temperature control equipment for major international events and production projects.
Ring Power hosts CDUPA
Ring Power hosted the Cat Dealer Used Parts Association.
Boselli Mud Run
- Ring Power employees competed in the second annual Boselli Mud Run. Team Muddy Diggers gave there all to help raise money for the Boselli Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to providing after school programs to children in the Jacksonville area.
The Rook in the Spotlight
- Police magazine names The Rook Armored Critical Incident Vehicle as its product of the month.
CES powers up RNC & DNC
- Cat Entertainment Services provides temporary power solutions for the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. and the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC.
We Built It
- Our 50th Anniversary artwork goes up at Corporate Headquarters in St. Augustine, Fla. The sign, visible to I-95 northbound and southbound traffic, proudly celebrates Ring Power’s 50th Anniversary and the employees and customers who helped us achieve the milestone.
Ring Power creates special time for local dreamers
- Three children visit Ring Power headquarters in St. Augustine as part of the Special Time Program organized through Dreams Come True. The nonprofit helps fulfill the dreams of children battling life-threatening illnesses. Each dreamer saw and learned about Cat® equipment and got a tour of the Ring Power facility. The children practiced operating heavy equipment using simulators, had the opportunity to climb on stationary equipment and got a tour of Ring Power property in the cab of a 740 Cat® articulated dump truck.
Columbia High School gets a lift
- Ring Power Lift Trucks, with the support of Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift of America, handed over the keys to a Cat® C5000 to Columbia High School in Lake City. The use of the forklift was donated to the Columbia High School Logistics Academy for the academic year. The forklift gives students the opportunity to become forklift certified, complementing the other hands-on training students in the program receive.
Ring Power Air Compressor Group Sponsors Professional Punkin’ Chunkin’ Team
- With the help of Sullair, Ring Power’s Air Compressor Group supplied a high-pressure air compressor to Professional Punkin’ Chunkin’ team American Chunker for the 2012 Punkin’ Chunkin’ season. “Compressorzilla” lived up to its name by helping American Chunker finish third place in the World Championship Puinkin’ Chunkin’ competition. The competition was broadcast Thanksgiving night on the Discovery Science Channel.
RPC Assists with Hurricane Sandy Recovery
- Following the devastating impact of Hurricane Sandy, Ring Power deployed more than 73 Megawatts of Cat® Rental Power to peer dealers and customers across the Northeast. Relief rental applications included; temporary shelters, hospitals, insurance claim offices, and supermarkets. Ring Power also donated more than five miles of portable power cable, the assistance of factory-trained service technicians and helped with transportation and project management services.
RPC on hand for CSX Rail Hub Groundbreaking in Winter Haven
- Ring Power joined Florida Gov. Rick Scott as he broke ground on the new Polk County CSX Rail Hub in Winter Haven, Fla. Ring Power supplied two articulated trucks, five hydraulic excavators, eight track-type tractors and one compactor for the project. Once complete, the terminal is projected to create approximately 8,500 jobs and generate more than $10 billion in economic impact over the next 10 years.
St. Augustine City Commission
- The City of St. Augustine issued an official proclamation recognizing Ring Power’s 50th Anniversary and the positive impact Ring Power has had on the community.
Ring Power delivers 14th Cat CT660
- Ring Power Truck Centers delivered the 14th Cat CT660. These trucks have been customized for a variety of job applications, based on each customer’s needs. The 14 CT660s purchased thus far include tractor trailers, vacuum trucks, septic trucks, water trucks, dump trucks, roll offs and crane trucks.