Sullair air compressors and Ring Power® Compressed Air Division, in partnership with Dow Chemical, is pleased to provide you with the newest air compressor reference tool. The Industrial Air Compressor Fluid Reference Guide provides all the top level information right at your finger tips.
This resource provides valuable information on a variety of fluid producers including Sullair, Atlas Copco®, Kaeser®, Ingersoll Rand®, Quincy®, and aftermarket air compressor fluids like Royal Purple® and Summit®. This resource is packed with information on base stocks, fluid analysis, viscosity, fluid life, glossary of air compressor terminology, and general air compressor guidelines.
Why do air compressors need fluids?
• Lubricate bearings
• Removes heat: The fluid needs to remove the heat of compression. This heat is not caused by friction, but by the physics of the compressed air itself.
• Seal the Rotor: Since the rotors do not touch, the fluid creates the necessary air tight seal with its film.
Why do air compressor fluids have additives? The additives in compressor fluids
• Prevent corrosion
• Extend the life of the fluid
• Prevents or minimizes foam in the compressor’s sump tank
• Improves lubricity
The quality and level of technology in the additive package of a fluid dramatically affect its performance. The proprietary blends of Sullair’s air compressor fluid additive packages are carefully formulated to perform at the highest levels.
This Air Compressor Fluid Reference provides:
• Pros and cons of each common air compressor fluid base stock used in rotary screw air compressors
• Charts the top competitive fluids and their base stocks
• Sullair air compressor fluid benefits
• Quick tips and calculations
• Glossary of commonly used
Click here to download the Air Compressor Fluid Reference Guide. LIT_Fluid Reference Guide.pdf (259.75 kb)
For your own Ring Power is a leading supplier of air compressors, air tools, compressor parts and air compressor service in Florida for over 45 years. Our offices serve Miami, Pompano Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville and Tallahassee areas. We carry electric or diesel air compressors and industrial air compressors with names like Sullair, Hurricane boosters, and Belaire. See all the air compressors, portable or industrial compressed air, high pressure, or ultra high pressure, at our website compressedair.ringpower.com.