Video: Know Your Construction Equipment's Engine
January 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM
As a Florida contractor, you know how important it is to minimize downtime. Follow these simple tips to keep your new onstruction equipment running at top performance.
Know the location of your engine oil dipstick. Check the oil often to make sure the engine contains the proper amount of oil.
- Air filters are one of the most vital components of the engine bay. Clean air going in will lengthen the life expectancy of your machine's engine— check it daily.
- Keep an eye on fuel condition. Visually inspecting the fuel lets you know if you have high amounts of water or contaminants.
- Check your recommended intervals. Be sure to follow your machines recommended intervals for changing the hydraulic filter.
- Coolant should be filled to spec. Visually inspect to make sure it’s at the right level.
- Manually disconnecting the battery is helpful as an anti-theft device or if the machine will sit idle for an extended period of time.